We are contracted with most commercial PPO insurance plans. However, we do not currently accept Individual or Family plans purchased off the Health Care Exchange. Also, we are unable to see patients who are un-insured or do not have current health insurance coverage. Please contact your health plan to obtain the most accurate information and determine your coverage. You can also contact our office to inquire about our participation in your plan, but we cannot answer coverage questions. Please keep in mind that the following is not an exhaustive list of all insurance plans we accept.
- Anthem Blue Cross Prudent Buyer
- Blue Shield of CA PPO
- CIGNA Open Access
- Tricare Prime
- Tricare West
- Tricare Young Adult
- United Healthcare
- Medicare and Supplemental Plans
- Medicare Railroad
- Most Medicare Advantage Plans
HMO - Brown & Toland (formerly Alta Bates Medical Group)
- Aetna HMO*
- Anthem Blue Cross HMO*
- Blue Shield HMO*
- CIGNA HMO*
- HealthNet HMO*
- Sutter Health Plus*
- United Healthcare HMO*
- * You must be part of Brown & Toland AND select Dr. Khaira as your primary care physician (PCP) in order for us to bill your HMO insurance on your behalf. Please contact your insurance company, switch to Brown & Toland, and have them assign Dr. Khaira as your primary care physician (PCP) prior to your visit to insure the cost of your visit will be covered by your insurance. For most insurance companies, your request to switch primary care physicians becomes effective on the first day of the following month. Please call the number on the back of your card for more information and assistance in making the switch.
Out of Network
- If you have health insurance, but we are out of your network of providers or are not accepting your specific plan, you may still be seen at our practice. Cost for a standard office visit is $165.00 which is payable at the time of your visit. Once your appointment is complete, we will provide you with a copy of your superbill which you can submit to your insurance company for reimbursement. Most plans offer an out of network benefit, meaning your insurance company may reimburse some or all of your visit cost to you. Please contact your insurance company directly for complete coverage information.
- We do not accept any Medi-Cal insurance products and are not Medi-Cal participating providers.
No Insurance/Uninsured Patients
- Unfortunately, we are unable to see patients who do not have current health insurance coverage.